Pages

In Loving Memory

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tap That App

In a previous post, I'd included a link to several fertility/ pregnancy apps that I thought could come in handy.  Although I did mention that most of them are for after you become pregnant, I found a very useful one for keeping track of your cycle during the time being.  I used to have the MyDays app when I had my old phone and I only used it to log the beginning and end of my period so that it could tell me roughly when my next cycle would start.  While it served its purpose, I guess I never really knew what I was missing.  Now that I had to go ahead and download all my apps onto my iPhone, I decided to try the WomanLog app from the link instead of MyDays.

What I love most about WomanLog is the calendar screen (on the left) because it tells you at a glance what cycle day it is in parenthesis next to the actual date.  As usual, it's always the little things that make me the happiest!  On this screen, the different smiley faces indicate that you've set a mood.  The days with flower petals/ flowers in the bottom right corner mean these are your most fertile days for those trying to conceive naturally.  The little people with a red belly indicate you reported a symptom that day, but you could also click more than one if need be.  The dates fully colored show the days you were on your period and as you can see the cycle resets on the first day.  Today is CD lucky #7 mostly because I consider myself lucky that I don't have a headache from taking the Delestrogen yesterday!  As a matter of fact, I think I'll add a smiley face to this date.  Another feature I almost forgot to mention is the fact that I can add daily notes.  Those show up on the calendar as little conversation bubbles.  I especially like to use these for documenting the meds I'm taking.

The WomanLog app does a great job of logging the dates of my period just like my old app but it does so much more.  It has options for tracking your weight, BMT, mood, symptoms, if you had sex or if you've taken the pill (right photo).  Needless to say, I heart this app!  It allows me to do do much at the touch of a finger, making my already busy life a little easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment