Pages

In Loving Memory

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

CD #21

I was supposed to receive my package of meds to get started for this FET cycle about a week ago and here I am on CD #21 empty handed.  This post should be about how it's my first day taking the Lupron injections and my excitement about starting the cycle,  but that will have to wait.  It's very hard not to stress out while my pharmacy takes it's sweet time to send out my meds in a timely manner.  I've been on the phone with them and my doctor's office pretty much everyday trying to sort it all out.  First, they delay submitting the request that my doctor's office faxed over.  Then, they denied my coverage over some minor paperwork error, yet didn't inform either myself or my doctor's office.  I had to call to find out, and when the office sends over an amended form with the correct information, they don't tell us that it had to be sent on a different "appeal" form until I called again to check the status of my order.  Once all that paperwork is sorted out, they send the office a confirmation of approval and the nurse calls to tell me that I should be getting the package today.  Of course when I get home there's no package to speak of and when I call the pharmacy they tell me they'll have to transfer me to someone else to schedule the shipment, meaning if I hadn't called it'd probably never come.  They finally confirm that it will arrive tomorrow and the doctor's office informs me that it is ok to start the injections a day late.  At least the whole cycle isn't ruined but I'm very disappointed with the runaround the pharmacy put me through.  Is it too much to ask that meds be delivered on time?  God forbid I was dying,  I wouldn't be here right now if it was up to them.  Anyway, I'm ranting.  I just wanted to note that my last post will come in handy now as I am in serious need of de-stressing and relaxation.  Off to find my yoga mat.


No comments:

Post a Comment