Pages

In Loving Memory

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Yoga while TTC

As I am now beginning to embark on this incredible journey of trying to conceive again, I wanted to try something new that would allow me to relax my body and get into a calm and stress-free state of mind.  Balancing work and home is difficult enough without throwing doctor visits and daily meds in the picture so a change was definitely in order.  Yoga was something I'd wanted to try for a while for all the reasons I just mentioned and since things are about to get so much more hectic now that the FET process is officially underway, I figured I should start as soon as possible.  Recently, I stumbled upon a video by ABC news that featured fertility yoga and I'm really excited about it.  Keep in mind that fertility yoga isn't some cure for infertility, it just helps women trying to conceive (whether it's through infertility treatments or not) by creating a comfort zone that releases all the stress and worry of trying to conceive.     

I'm going to put it out there and say that I do not exercise at all and haven't really done it since 2009 (the year I got married), but I didn't really approach this as physical exercise so much as spiritual exercise.  So for those of you hesitant to try it, remember it's all about your perception.  If you focus on the positive effects and results, it becomes easier to do than if you just think of it as another chore or task to finish.  When I began, I chose a quiet Sunday morning while my hubby and dogs were still asleep to set up in the living room and begin my stretches.  I performed a simple 20 minute routine from a Youtube video titled Yoga for Relaxation which I loved and highly recommend.  The yoga instructor has such a nice way of coaching you through the process while still relaxing your mind.  My experience was very calming and the only downside was I didn't have a yoga mat which made some poses a little difficult since my wood floor was very cold and hard, so I definitely recommend getting one first.  I even took some time afterward to just lie on the floor (my body had warmed up by then) and enjoy the peaceful environment I'd just created.  Since then I've purchased my very own yoga mat and look forward to making this a regular part of my Sundays.  Maybe more, once I get the hang of it.  I'm including the video below for anyone interested, enjoy!  



No comments:

Post a Comment