Pages

In Loving Memory

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, March 28, 2014

CD #5 / Let's Catch Up

Not too much has changed since my little pups birthday but I have some updates.  We had a nice relaxing weekend because I actually had the day off on Saturday.  My mom and bro were kind enough to visit us and bring lunch on Sunday, which made us very happy since we got to eat some buñuelos (the Colombian kind).  If you don't know what it is, you are really missing out.  I wish I'd taken a picture or something but they were gone pretty quick.  Sadly, we don't get to eat as much South American food as we'd like so when we do, we dig in!  FYI, my family is from Peru on both sides and my mother in law's family is Colombian and my father in law's family is from Brazil.  Ok, so let's get back to TTC updates.  Warning: the following my be a tad bit graphic for some readers.

Monday, 3/24, became CD #1 again as it was the day I got my monthly visit from AF.  Unfortunately, I was totally unprepared for it because I wasn't expecting it at all.  Although I hadn't brought any tampons with me, at least I had a change of undies in my purse.  Not that all the symptoms weren't there, they were... the cramps, the bloating, the soreness in my boobs not to mention how full they get, but apparently I was too preoccupied to notice.  Even though I'd been on the Lupron for just under 2 weeks now, AF was pretty much like normal only a bit thicker on that first day.

Wednesday, 3/26, was my scheduled appointed for blood work and a sonogram.  It was such a hectic day because I had to make the appointment for 7:30am, which is their opening time, since I had to be at work at 8:30am.  I was actually so nervous about getting there late that I mistakenly thought I had to be there at 7am instead.  Clearly, I arrived very early but, the staff were all ready to help and didn't make me wait until their official opening time.  The first part was the blood work which I never have any complaints about because they do a great job of drawing blood without causing any bruising.  The next part was the transvaginal sonogram which is never any fun because even though they're all professionals, it's awkward to lie there half naked with my legs open in those stirrups.  The good news is that Dr R said everything appeared to be in perfect condition thus far.  Later on in the day, I got a call from Jen, my primary nurse from Dr R's office, who said the blood results were also positive and that I could now reduce my Lupron dosage to 10 units and begin the Delestrogen shots biweekly on Wednesday and Saturday at .6 ML.  These shots have to be taken in the upper butt area so I would have to drive to my Mom's to have her do it.  After work, I went home to get the meds and my DH was nice enough to offer to drive me to my Mom's for my shot, after picking her up from an optometrist appointment, after picking up my brother from work.  It'd been a really long time since I'd had this shot done and I'll admit I was freaking out a little about how much bigger the needle is next to the Lupron needle.  Turns out, the needle wasn't the bad part at all.



Thursday, 2/27, was the worst day of the week for me.  I woke up with a terrible headache only to have it bother me all day long no matter how many pain relievers I took.  While I was worried about the pain in the butt (literally) shot, I hadn't even considered the side effects I'd have for taking the Delestrogen.  The headache I had was so bad it actually hurt to blink!  At the end of the day, I was so happy to finally be home that I made dinner, ate, and went to bed early hoping to sleep it off.

Friday, 2/28 (today), was much better.  I woke up feeling normal again and well rested at that.  I worked long hours but at least I didn't feel like someone had banged my head against the wall.  My only fear is that on Sunday I'll end up feeling the like crap since I'll be taking the Delestrogen shot again tomorrow.  Let's hope I don't but if I do, I'll just keep telling myself it's only a small part of something wonderful to come.  Trying very hard to stay calm and positive!


No comments:

Post a Comment