Pages

In Loving Memory

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, March 17, 2014

Movies for Days

This past Saturday, my DH and I had invited another couple over for a movie night.  We spent some time cleaning the house earlier and I was so proud to have it complimented for its tidiness.  I believe the phrase used was "OMG, your house is spotless!  I'm really impressed!"  I'm actually still smiling about this because it really means the world to me that people notice how much time and effort goes into keeping a clean home.  As much of a pain it is to do chores, I'm going to try to make sure I keep with it to avoid added stress during these times.  A clean home is a happy home, right?

The main attraction Saturday night was Star Wars IV: A New Hope, since surprisingly the guy had never seen any of the Star Wars movies.  We ordered pizza, had some beers (except me), and had a really great time.  So much so, that I almost forgot to do my injection.  If it wasn't for the girl's phone reminder to take her birth control which actually reminded me about my Lupron, I might have missed it.  Now, I'm taking her example and setting an reminder on my own phone.  Movie night was such a success that we're actually planning to have more until we finish watching all of the Star Wars films.

Apparently movie night turned into movie weekend because the next day my DH and I were being couch potatoes and watched movies all day long.  Sunday, I woke up and began the day with some relaxing yoga before making a pancake breakfast.  See my cute mat on the left, so cheerful in the sun!  Then, we watched the Great Gatsby on HBO which I'd been highly anticipating.  I remember enjoying the book as a kid but not well enough to compare it to the movie.  In general, the movie was great but I expected the music to go with the era it was set in, instead it had one too many Jay Z songs, in my opinion.  Next, we watched A Good Day to Die Hard.  It was actually my second time watching it but honestly, I was so tired the first time that I fell asleep in the theatre.  If you've seen it already, you probably think I'm weird for being able to sleep though all those explosions and gunshots but this is actually very normal for me.  I can sleep though just about ANYTHING.  Now that I've seen it, I'm glad I stayed awake this time.  Last and certainly not least, the movie of the night was the Academy Award winning, 12 Years a Slave.  I'm not going to give away any spoilers but this is an amazing and inspiring film.  If you're anything like me, have some tissues handy too.  I can get so emotional when I watch sad movies but it's hard not to get enthralled in this unbelievable story no matter how tough you are.  Definitely a must see!

Which brings us to today.  What began as a bad day turned out pretty good.  Nothing major so I won't divulge, just little annoyances that I couldn't avoid.  At the end of it all, I came home to a fridge full of groceries, dinner ready to be served (both thanks to my DH), and the added bonus of a day off from work tomorrow.  So as you can see, things in my world are back to normal for the time being.  Let's hope they stay that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment