Pages

In Loving Memory

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Sunday, April 8, 2012

TRANSFER!!

Last Tuesday was the day I finally got to take home 2 of my little ones.  My mom and hubby accompanied me to the hospital at 6:30 am, although I was up at 4:30 am cleaning the house like a madwoman.  I was just so excited to go and had to keep busy until it was time.  I had a nice long shower and before I knew it, I was actually running a little behind schedule. My mom got to my house and I was still in a towel!  I picked up the pace and was out the door in 15 minutes.

When we got there, I filed out some more paperwork and the nurses took me in to get changed.  They then took some blood and led me to the OR table where I got strapped in for the procedure.  Dr. R came in and began explaining the process step by step as he worked and then we were done!  It all happened so fast that I couldn't believe it was over.  I think it hit me as the nurses were removing my straps because all of a sudden, I burst into tears.  My OR nurse brought me some tissue, wiped my tears, and told me to smile because it was a happy day.  She was right but I couldn't help myself.  I don't know if it was all the hormones or just me or a combination of the two, but I was feeling so emotional at that moment.  After a couple of minutes, Dr. R came back with a picture of my little ones and reassured me that everything looks well and that now all I had to do is rest.  It's so amazing what he's done and even though I always said I just wanted one baby, as I lay there with their picture in my hands, I secretly hoped both would make it.  I stayed lying down for 20 minutes before leaving to go home and the next three days were pretty boring.  It was nice to rest but I'd actually caught a cold the day before the transfer and was sneezing, coughing, and sniffling the whole time.  So much for relaxing but at least I was home with my hubby and our little ones.
Our 2 littles

No comments:

Post a Comment