Pages

In Loving Memory

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Show and Tell


I know it's still really early to go telling the world about this pregnancy but we've already told our close friends and family since they already knew we were going through the IVF procedures.  Immediately after telling my hubby, Leo, I told my mom, of course.  It was a quick phone conversation because I was at work, but she was so happy I could hear her about to cry.  I knew I was going to her house later on that day because she's been giving my progesterone shots so I kept it short.  As soon as she saw me that evening, her eyes teared up and she started crying.  She said she was so happy for us and to take care of myself so that the baby would be healthy and strong.  That's the mom gene that's always looking out for me like I'm still her baby, but I know I always will be.  She couldn't stop hugging and kissing me and I have to admit I almost started crying too.  She loves me so much and I am really excited to give her her 1st grandchild!  My younger brother was there too and he was really excited to hear the good news about him being an uncle.

Next, we went to my in-laws house since our parents live minutes away from each other.  We saw my mother in law, who literally started dancing in the street when we told her about the pregnancy.  She was thrilled with with the news and told us about her newest art pieces she'd been painting recently since we told her about doing the procedures.  The pieces are really great and I'm looking forward to having some in our house.  In addition to one of the new paintings she made, I really want to have the watercolor of Leo as a baby.  I think it would look perfect in the baby's nursery!

The next day, I was meeting with 3 of my girlfriends who I haven't seen in a long time.  We all used to work together two years ago and luckily we still keep in touch.  They were all really supportive when I'd told them about starting IVF and especially when I kept chickening out, lol.  I'd only told one of them about going through the procedure but she still didn't know I'd gotten the results.  The news got out quick; within minutes of my arrival!  They'd gotten to the restaurant before me and were already drinking margaritas so when I ordered a Sprite, one of them asked "What are you, pregnant?"  To this I simply stated, "Yes."  I think it took a second to sink in and then came all the hugs and excited cheers.  They were really excited, especially when I showed them the picture and they saw 2 little ones.  Now they can't wait to see if I'm having twins and want to meet up at least once a month so they can see my belly grow... love these girls!

Funny & I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment