Pages

In Loving Memory

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, April 20, 2012

My 29th Birthday

Last Monday, was my birthday but since I knew I was going to be working, I'd decided to celebrate on the weekend.  With all the baby stuff going on, I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do but I knew I just wanted to keep it low key and relaxing.  Looking back on it, I wish I'd taken Monday off but I was kinda trying to save my vacation days for any special upcoming baby related events.  I'm also going to be taking the first week of May off for our anniversarys so I'll get to relax then.

Our chef
We kicked off the the birthday festivities on Saturday by making dinner plans to visit Mt. Fuji, which is a local hibachi restaurant.  Even though I was really looking forward to going, at around 2 pm I started feeling very queasy.  I'm guessing this was my first bout with "morning" sickness which I don't mind too much because I totally expected it but the timing couldn't be any worse.  We had already invited 12 members of our family to attend and I didn't want to let anyone down at the last minute.  Somehow I managed to get ready and even though we lost our reservation because we were late, we still had a great time.  I found that ginger ale really helps with the tummy aches.

The next day, Leo and I met up with my 2 besties at the Melting Pot for dinner.  It was an interesting experience but if I could go back in time, I'd definitely choose another restaurant.  Their only saving grace was the dessert... sooo yummy!  I love catching up with these guys because regardless of what we have going on, we can always pick up wherever we left off.  One of them is planning a huge wedding set for next year (where I will be his best "man"), the other one just got a new car and was looking into moving to a bigger place with her hubby, and of course there's me who's pregnant.  Although we're all pretty much the same age, we're at such different stages of our lives right now.  I think that's why we mesh so well,  we are uniquely independent yet very similar in lots of ways.  It's hard to explain but if you knew us you'd understand.

Lastly, on the actual day of my birthday, my hubby and I just went to my mom's house after work and ordered take out from a local Peruvian restaurant, El Chevere.  Nice quiet dinner at mom's and then we went home to rest.


Onions (before)

Onion volcano (after)
I <3 rice
Dinner is served!
Yes, this is MY baby inspired birthday cake;
Giselle is my middle name, lol. 
My bro & I
The growing family!

No comments:

Post a Comment