Pages

In Loving Memory

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, April 30, 2012

6 Weeks

Your Baby in Week 6 of Pregnancy

You might be coping with full-blown pregnancy symptoms (sorry), but there's plenty of good news too. Your baby's jaw, cheeks, chin, eyes, ears, and nose are beginning to form what will eventually become one adorable face. In addition, her kidneys, liver, and lungs are developing, and her heart is now beating 80 times a minute (and getting faster every day). All this and she's still no bigger than the length of a nail head (about a quarter of an inch) from crown to rump!


Your Body in Week 6 of Pregnancy

Your body may not yet have changed on the outside, but there's a lot happening on the inside. For one thing, the pregnancy hormone hCG is causing an increase of blood flow to your pelvic area, and your kidneys are becoming more efficient at ridding your body of waste; add to that the fact that your growing uterus is beginning to push down on your bladder and you've got a perfect (pee) storm. What else is going on in there? Bloating, queasiness, and cravings (or food aversions).


So far so good.  I haven't had any increasingly bad symptoms and I still feel the same for the most part, thank goodness.  I have noticed that most of my jeans are REALLY tight on me now.  It doesn't help that I used to wear them fitted to begin with but now I have no wiggle room whatsoever.  I'm basically living in stretchy leggings and sweatpants until I start shopping for actual maternity clothes.  Leo and I went to see Dr. R today and he says everything is going well.  He also told us that my official due date is December 19th and we are really excited that our baby will be spending his/her 1st Christmas with us this year!

1 comment:

  1. Of-course our body gets super-tired or nauseous and our appetite also get increased. Blood pressure gets increased which need to be checkup on a weekly basis.



    Sheila Burnett

    ReplyDelete