Pages

In Loving Memory

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Sunday, March 4, 2012

CD #30 / Lupron

I'd been meaning to put up some pics and info on the injectable stuff I'm currently using. The first is my box of Leuprolide. I've been on it for a little over a week now and here's basically what it does is:


"Lupron causes the pituitary gland to release high amounts of FSH and LH (luteinizing hormone) for several days until its stores are depleted. Since continued use of Lupron prevents the pituitary gland from producing new supplies of FSH and LH, the amount of these hormones being released per day becomes very low after 7 to 10 days. The goal that we achieve with Lupron is to ensure that blood levels of LH are low during the last few days of follicle growth, since we know that high levels of LH can lead to poor egg quality and stimulate progesterone production by the ovaries. A premature rise in progesterone may cause inappropriate maturation of the uterine lining and lead to a lesser chance of embryo implantation."

Source: Fertility Today
My daily kit, Phase 1.
I'll keep adding info as time progresses and as I start using the meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment