Pages

In Loving Memory

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, March 19, 2012

CD #5 / Repronex

Saturday morning I made it to my appointment for blood work and an ultrasound.  It was a quick visit and then I went to work.  They said they'd give me a call before 12pm and when I didn't hear back, I decided to call them.  Apparently they were running a little late with the call backs and they hadn't gotten to my name yet but they were nice enough to give me all my info when I called.  The nurse told me that everything looked well and that I should start on the Repronex!  She caught me by surprise because I thought I had to wait for CD #21 again, but I'm happy to see things are back on track.  I was also getting worried because my sharps container is getting full.
Ouch!!

It's now Monday night and my 3rd day on Repronex.  First, let me say how much this stuff burned on the 1st day!  Lupron was like injecting water into my belly, Repronex is more like injecting poison.  I looked online for ways to alleviate the pain and read that if you wait 20 minutes after mixing it, it doesn't burn as much.  I tried it and luckily it worked!  Second, I want to say how much of a pain it is to mix it without the Qcap.  It takes me about a half hour to mix 4 vials of Repronex with 1 cc of Sodium Chloride.  The process sucks:  You have to fill the syringe with 1 cc of Sodium Chloride and then slowly inject it into 1 vial of the Repronex powder.  Swirl the vial gently to dissolve the powder and make sure not to make air bubbles.  Then, withdraw the solution from the vial and inject into the next vial of Repronex.  Continue the process for each vial until all 4 are dissolved into the syringe.  It drove me crazy that I could never seem to withdraw all of the solution from each of the vials.  Even though I'm adding to the solution each time I mix it, I always ended up with less solution than when I started.

Anyway, this is my box of Repronex and some info on what it does.
Repronex, Phase 2
Top row is Sodium Chloride, bottom row is Repronex

"This medication is used to treat certain fertility problems in women.  It provides follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) that help stimulate healthy ovaries to make eggs.  This medication is usually used in combination with another hormone (human chorionic gonadotropin-hCG) to help you become pregnant by bringing about the growth and release of a mature egg (ovulation)."
Source: WebMD
My new daily kit
Tomorrow, I have to get blood work done in the morning and have an appointment with Dr. R after work.  Hopefully, everything is still fine and I can do my retrieval at the end of the month.  

No comments:

Post a Comment