Pages

In Loving Memory

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, April 10, 2014

CD #18 / Pineapples

It's that time of the year.  As my birthday rapidly approaches, so does my transfer day.  I received final confirmation yesterday that it will definitely be on Monday, April 14 at 12:30 at the Fairlawn Surgical Center where I had my IVF retrieval and transfer done 2 years ago.  I also had some more blood work and a sonogram done.  Those results came back positive, as usual, so I was given a whole new set of instructions for my meds.  I took my last Lupron injection yesterday but will to continue to do the Wednesday/ Saturday Delestrogen injections.  Beginning today, I will also be taking Methylprednisolone pills 2x a day and half of a Progesterone suppository at night before bed.  I have to say I'm really glad to start cutting back on the amount of shots I've been doing because I was feeling like a human pin cushion!  Luckily, it seems that the injections didn't hurt as much this time around compared to 2 years ago.

I've arranged to sign all the necessary paperwork on Monday morning an hour before the procedure so I don't take too much more time away from work.  I'll be out for 3 days total and I get to spend my birthday at home with my growing family.  My DH and I are really excited and have prepared for the big day by taking a trip to our local grocery store to stock up on lots of fresh fruits and veggies perfect for preggos.  The most important item: PINEAPPLE!  I read that it's supposed to be a great aid in
the implantation of the embryos so it was definitely a must buy.  I'm not entirely sure if there's any truth to it, but it can't hurt to try anyway and I love pineapples!


FYI:  You have to get 1 pineapple and cut it into 5 equal slices like the photo. You then eat each slice once a day beginning the day of the transfer until they're all gone. The most important part is to eat the core of the pineapple because it contains bromelain, which acts as an anti-inflammatory and increases cervical mucus.  It also helps to eat it on an empty stomach. Here's hoping this tip helps!



No comments:

Post a Comment