Pages

In Loving Memory

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Saturday, February 25, 2012

CD #22

I realize it's been a while since I last posted an entry but the past 2 weeks have passed by so quickly.  Let's catch up.

CD #10:  I was feeling pretty crappy, lol.  Not to start off on a bad note but I woke up with a terrible headache that made my eyes sensitive to even the slightest bit of light.  I ended up staying in from work and felt better by the afternoon so my hubby & I went out to buy our Valentine's Day gifts... new RAZR phones.  More practical than romantic but we don't make a big deal about Hallmark holidays anymore.  Just being together is enough for us.
My new purple RAZR.

CD #11:  Valentine's Day.  I was welcomed back at work with what was going to be a written warning for "excessive absences."  Turns out that the days I'd used for a gallbladder surgery last year were being counted against me.  Luckily it got cleared up but I still worried because I'm going to need to use more sick days when I do the retrieval and the embryo transfer.  My manager suggested I call our insurance company to find out about other options.  They informed me that I could apply for intermittent family leave where my job is legally protected if the time off meets their medical criteria.  What a relief!

CD #12:  My hubby & I had our first appointment with his urologist.  He did a quick consult and said that everything looked well and that he'd be working closely with Dr. R to ensure the best results.  After the appointment, we had dinner at a local restaurant we hadn't been to in a long time and shared some memories about our last visit there with someone very special to us who is always in our hearts.

CD #15:  We put on our dancing shoes and hit the big city for a night out of dining and entertainment.  The celebration was for our friend's birthday at the Copacabana in NYC.  They served a delicious 3 course dinner for us on one floor and then we headed upstairs for some party music.  It was an incredibly fun time!  We hadn't done anything like this in a long time and it didn't end until my little head finally hit the pillow at around 5 am the next morning.  As I said on FB, "U know it was a good night when u wake up & find out there's a fraud protection block on ur acct for unusual activity!!"  
At the Copacabana, my hubby and I are the couple in the bottom left.

CD #21:  Yesterday I got the green light to begin my Lupron injections.  I must admit, the first one was a little scary.  I was fine during the preparation but when it was time to inject the liquid, I stalled about 4 times before actually doing it.  Lucky for me, I have an amazing husband to coach me through the process.  It wasn't nearly as bad as I imagined it'd be, so today's shot went much quicker.  Can you believe that I'm almost excited about taking these injections now, lol?!

Well, now that I'm caught up with the tales of my journey, I can go to bed and rest.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment