Pages

In Loving Memory

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cycles

Lately, it seems like my life is beginning to revolve around my cycles and I don't like it one bit.  Waiting for my dot (period) seems like an eternity especially when I have a shelf full of meds and needles ready to get my body into serious baby making mode.  I'm expecting my dot sometime around the second week of February and as per Dr. R's orders, I should most likely begin with Lupron injections on CD (Cycle Day) #21. Now if I could only get to CD #1!!  I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but my cycles tend to last more than the normal 28 days, try more like 38+ days.  Dr. R says this is due to some thyroid thing I've got going on which isn't serious at all, thankfully, but is just really inconvenient.  I ended up researching ways to help induce my dot sooner and read about a pill that can do just that called Humphrey's #11 Symptoms of Delayed Menses.

What it is:

"Since 1854, our remedy has been formulated using natural ingredients to gently stimulate your body to return to it's natural state of health.
Uses: temporarily relieves symptoms associated with delayed menses, such as cramps, backache, anxiety, mood changes, nervous tension, irritability, headache & bloating."
iherb.com


While the description says it basically just treats the symptoms, I've been reading many posts on message boards that says it actually helps regulate your cycle and bring it on within days of taking the pills.  The worst thing I've read in relation to inducing my dot is that it doesn't work, so if there are no horrible, life threatening side effects it sounds good to me.  Apparently, it can be found at your local drugstore, too.  Needless to say, I will be taking a slight detour on the way home from work to pick it up tomorrow.

Update: My local Rite Aid didn't have it.  I've been having such rotten luck this week.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment