Pages

In Loving Memory

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, May 31, 2013

Baby on the way

No, it's not mine but I couldn't be happier!!  One of my very best friends is expecting a December baby!  The happy couple just recently announced it publicly but I've known for some time now.  Last time I posted here, I was worried that I may be pregnant myself but as it turns out, it's just not my time.  This is actually the outcome I was expecting because I'm still somewhat struggling with the loss of my own little December angel. 

When she first told me the news of her pregnancy, I was really excited for her but I was also a tad bit worried that she would go through what I had to experience.  I wasn't trying to spoil the moment but I honestly couldn't help it.  I had to force that fear into submission immediately and instead focus on the positive, happy emotions I felt because the last thing I'd want to do is ruin this perfectly joyous announcement.  Thankfully, Mom and baby are doing great and that's all that matters!

Later on when I was back home, I said a little prayer for the newest mommy to be and it almost brought tears to my eyes as I briefly imagined how life could've been if things had turned out different.  Our kids would've been only a year apart, sharing a birthday in the same month (same as us since she and I are both April babies), and of course growing up together to become the best of friends.  As much as it pains me to think of all that I've lost, it gladdens me to think of all the wonderful things to come for her.  In the end, I think this event makes me feel a little more hopeful than I've felt in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment